Thursday 3 November 2011

Super speedy tasty puds

Novembers meeting may have piled on a few extra pounds for a few of our members. Joan had suggested that it may be nice to have a meeting demonstrating the making of quick desserts.

So up stepped Joan, who mashed a Morrison's date and walnut cake with a banana to make a fab dessert, and then soak ginger biscuits in sherry and brandy, with cream and make the best roulade ever!


Next up was Linda with "Eton Mess" or as she called it "Cheaton Mess" - very speedy and very tasty.
Then Karen who made two different Fruit Creme Brulade's in a matter of minutes - using a flame thrower!
Then yours truly - ably assisted by Sue who took her days frustrations out on a bag of digestive biscuits to help me make Lemon and Chocolate Cheesecake.
There was a mad rush to test the puddings.
I couldn't pick a favourite as they were all so very delicious, but the alcohol content of Joan's roulade would have swayed it if I was pushed to pick one!
I am going to have a go at all of the puddings that were demonstrated - they were all very quick to construct, and I am also going to have a go at Joan's frozen bowl - a stunning way to present a dish for a special occasion.
We all got great feedback from the rest of the ladies, and Sue mentioned that this was what the W.I. was all about - sharing our skills and inspiration. I couldn't agree more.

2 comments:

  1. I've still not joined Diane, I must pluck up the courage to go along to a local meeting!
    the desserts looked delicious!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed this post... my WI could do with putting on a show like this.
    Best wishes, Valerie from Walmley WI, West Midlands. http://walmleywi.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete